Wrocław University of Technology and AGH University of Science & Technology in Krakow are among European universities that received the highest award of Erasmus students. Poland as a country was ranked in third place among the most highly rated by foreign students.
European portal StudyPortals (www.studyportals.com) has conducted a satisfaction survey among Erasmus students for four years. The fourth edition of the Student Satisfaction Awards were based on 15,965 reviews written by students. In the reviews, students could rate their experience out of 10, by assessing to which extent they would recommend this experience to their friends. In addition, students could give a small description of the score they had given.
This year, 153 awards were given to those universities that received at least 20 reviews with a minimum average score of 8 out of 10. And 14 of them won awards. In this group there are two Polish universities: Wrocław University of Technology and AGH University of Science & Technology in Krakow.
RESULTS OF THE OPINION SURVEY AMONG ERASMUS STUDENTS
This year’s best performing country is Norway with an average score of 9.3 out of 10, together with last year’s winner Ireland and Poland.
Where Norway, Ireland and Poland scored the highest grades respectively, Spain has the highest number of awarded universities (27) followed by Germany (15), Italy and Finland (11).
Our country has been appreciated by the international students primarily for affordable options for residents and friendly atmosphere in the academic environment (especially in large cities).
In total, 14 universities have received an “Outstanding” International Student Satisfaction award:
• University College Cork – Ireland
• Wrocław University of Technology – Poland
• University of Heidelberg – Germany
• University of Bamberg – Germany
• University of Oslo – Norway
• Masaryk University – Czech Republic
• University of Tartu – Estonia
• Lund University – Sweden
• Technical University of Denmark (DTU) – Denmark
• University of Tampere – Finland
• AGH University of Science & Technology – Poland
• University of Murcia – Spain
• Mary Immaculate College, University of Limerick – Ireland
• University of Iceland – Iceland
[iframe src=”https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1YPj4jTz86g8RvO11AsBTk5VxqPhwgnz6N6O8bh9k0V8/pubchart?oid=321488704&format=interactive” title=”satisfaction awards 2016″ name=”satisfaction awards 2016″]
POLISH UNIVERSITIES IN THE RANKING
Many students that went to study in Poland have shared their experience. A total of 493 students left a review of their experience in Poland. 49 different schools have been reviewed, of which 7 universities are awarded (a university was eligible for an award when having an average student satisfaction of at least 8 out of 10 based on a minimum of 20 reviews).
Three award categories were created in object to distinguish between levels of satisfaction:
• Award for “Very Good” International Student Satisfaction: at least 8.0 out of 10;
• Award for “Excellent” International Student Satisfaction: between 9.0 and 9.4 out of 10;
• Award for “Outstanding” International Student Satisfaction: at least 9.5 out of 10.
7 Polish universities received an award:
|AGH University of Science & Technology||45||9.5+||Outstanding|
|Wrocław University of Technology||20||9.5+||Outstanding|
|Adam Mickiewicz University in Poznań||24||9+||Excellent|
|University of Warsaw||40||9+||Excellent|
|University of Wrocław||25||9+||Excellent|
|University of Lodz||43||8+||Very good|